Tips to avoid labour and visa fraud in Dubai

Tips to avoid labour and visa fraud.

People who want to enter the UAE for the purpose of work, visit, investment, residence or any other legal purpose could be exposed to visa fraud. Therefore, we listed below some tips to follow before coming to the UAE.

1) If somebody offers you a job in the UAE, he/she has to give you an offer letter issued by the UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).

2) The prospective employees/candidates can verify the job offer’s validity at the UAE embassy in their country. All legal job offer numbers start with (ST) then digits. You can use the job offer number to verify employer’s validity at the MOHRE’s website (inquiry service – application status).

3) After you sign the offer letter, the employer will send you an employment visa to enter the UAE. Refer to points 8 and 9 below to verify visa/entry permit validity.

4) Visit or tourist entry permit/visa does not give you right to work in the UAE. Working under visit or tourist visa will bring you penalties and deportation.

5) You should know that the sponsor (the employer) is responsible for payment of recruitment expenses as per the UAE’s Labour Law.

6) Make sure that the company legally exists. You can search the company’s English and Arabic name in the National Economic register and get company details.

7) Get your queries answered by MoHRE at telephone number 0097168027666, email ask@mohre.gov.ae or chat service.

😎 If you have entry permit/visa issued from Dubai, please verify its validity at the GDRFA’s website.

9) Verify validity of an entry permit/visa issued from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah or Fujairah at the eChannels platform.

10) Tourist visa is issued by UAE-based airlines like Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai and Air Arabia. It is also issued by the UAE-based hotels and travel agencies.

11) Learn more about the fees of visas and entry permits issued from Dubai.

12) Get help on visas and entry permits issued from Dubai through Amer’s chat service.

13) Get more information on visas and entry permits issued from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah through the chat service of ICA.

14) There is nothing called an independent employment visa. You are supposed to work for your sponsor/employer. Your sponsor may give you a permit to work for another employer under approval of the MOHRE.

15) A residence visa cannot be processed for anyone while the applicant is outside the UAE. A residence visa can be issued only when the applicant is inside the UAE having entered the country on entry permit.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

three × one =

Most Popular

To Top